10 REASONS WHY TIME MANAGEMENT IS LIFE MANAGEMENT
Time is your most precious resource. Everything you do in life requires time. When you master your time, you master your life!
Time is irreversible. If you lose money, you get a chance to earn it back but time lost is gone forever.
When you live your life in a healthy, organized manner and are able to efficiently carry on your daily important task, your overall quality of life improves.
With the right time management skills, you will experience a lot of benefits in your life. Here are 10 reasons why you will be able to manage your life better.
1. Achieve Goals Faster: You may have goals to achieve but without practising effective time management, these goals could only be placed on paper unachieved. To give you an example, suppose your goal is to learn driving but you don’t have the required time to go for driving classes, how will you learn? The fact is that the time you need for the driving classes is already there. By scheduling the time to attend the classes, you can achieve your goal.
2. Do More in Less Time: When you properly manage time, more gets done with high standards in minimum amount of time. You save time for activities you truly enjoy. Scheduling a specific time period for a task and sticking to your plan will have a better outcome than working on a task with no predefined plan.
3. Improve Concentration: When you have much to accomplish in a day, you may not be able to decide which task to do first and which ones can wait. Prioritizing can help you focus on what is important to do. This will increase your concentration on the job in hand and you will overall do your job well without feeling overwhelmed.
4. More Opportunities: Wasted time can limit your chances of success in life. You miss out on the opportunities available to you. If you do not complete your tasks on time, it could cost you your promotion and you could miss out on an opportunity for a career growth. Whether you are a new recruit or an experienced professional working on your time management skills will make you more productive and better your career growth.
5. Overcome Procrastination: When you put off things that you need to be doing, you are putting off living. Procrastination results in loss of precious time, regret later, rushed last minute work, stress and poor health. When you have a planned schedule, you won’t be delaying anything that is important to do. Thus you will keep procrastination away.
6. Avoid Distractions: We all face distractions in our day to day life. Distractions lower your productivity and add to stress. Cell phone, messaging, email, social media usage, interruptions from friends and colleagues are common distractions. Limiting the time spent on these or any other distractions will give you more time to spend on important task. Small distractions may seem harmless but frequent interruptions can bring down the quality of your work and life.
7. Better Personal Relationships: Effective time management skills are needed to have strong and healthy relationships. The more quality time you spend with your family and loved ones, the better your relationships will be. Healthy personal relationships will uplift other aspects of your life.
8. Less Stress in Life: Feeling overwhelmed with tight deadlines to meet, working long hours regularly, multi-tasking, having a long list of things to do for the day can cause a lot of stress. When you are in control of your time there is less stress. You have more time for leisure and relaxation.
9. Sufficient amount of Sleep: You don’t have to sacrifice your sleep to make time for work. Less sleep will result in lack of focus, feeling tired during the day and more prone to stress. Getting enough sleep will give you more energy to have a fruitful day. Following simple time management techniques will help you get the rest you need and be your best.
10. Become More Successful in Life: Time management allows you to take control of your life rather than let others control you. You allocate your twenty four hours in the right places to achieve the right results. Time is the foundation for success. By rightly managing time you will put yourself on the fast track to success.
When you understand the importance of time and learn how to manage it, you actually manage your life!